2022/2023 - FACULTY (ASSOCIATE) HOTEL AND MOTEL SERVICES (HOSPITALITY)
Santa Rosa Junior College
Salary: $53.67 - $135.84 Hourly
Job Number: 23-0274
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Santa Rosa Junior College is currently accepting applications to establish a pool for associate faculty assignments. Associate assignments may be temporary, part-time and/or on-call and may be immediate or as needed. This job posting is not for a specific assignment or for a contract faculty position, but rather for a pool of candidates who may be considered for part-time teaching or allied faculty assignments. Allied faculty include counselors, librarians, work experience faculty and other assignments.
We are seeking equity-minded faculty who are committed to educating our diverse student population. SRJC supports equal access for all students and multi-ethnic global perspectives and cultural competencies. We value diversity that supports honesty and integrity in an environment of collegiality and mutual respect and compassion that includes civic engagement opportunities that contribute to real world problem solving and empathy to identify the challenges and address the needs of others. Candidates must have demonstrated instructional skills to join our outstanding team of faculty, staff and administrators to provide high quality programs and services to our district, our community, and most importantly to our students.
Santa Rosa Junior College has been an integral part of the Sonoma County community and its rich history, beauty and culture for more than 100 years. Many of SRJC's students are drawn to the college for its academic excellence, superb faculty and staff, comprehensive student services and beautiful grounds. SRJC's mission is to passionately cultivate learning through the creative, intellectual, physical, social, emotional, aesthetic and ethical development of our diverse community. At SRJC, we value learning that includes:
- Excellent and innovative instruction and support services;
- A learning- and learner-centered environment;
- A welcoming physical environment;
- Equity-minded faculty and staff with a caring and supportive attitude among faculty and staff;
- Access to programs and courses that lead to transfer and/or gainful employment.
- Access to lifelong learning opportunities
In 2021, SRJC served approximately 21,000 students each semester and is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism. SRJC is a designated Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI), reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. We also support diverse learning communities including, APASS, HSI Connections, Puente, Umoja. SRJC received the INSIGHT Into Diversity Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award for the past three consecutive years and SRJC was the only California Community College recipient of this award. This award recognizes colleges and universities that demonstrate an outstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion. The ideal candidate will share SRJC's commitment to be an inclusive, diverse and sustainable learning community that engages the whole person.
Video Overview of Santa Rosa Junior College
- Provide excellent instruction and faculty support to students, which may include evening, weekend, online or hybrid and/or off-campus assignments.
- Provide academic assistance and related services to students during scheduled office hours.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff
- Maintain currency in field(s) of expertise.
- Associate faculty focus primarily on providing instruction and/or student services.
- Associate faculty are typically not required to participate in District or department service such as committee work, evaluations, student learning outcomes assessment, and hiring committees, but may be asked to perform these services for additional compensation.
- For a detailed list of associate faculty job duties, please see the All Faculty Association Contract, All Faculty Association Contract Article 17: Job Descriptions. (Download PDF reader)
Candidates who are recommended for the pool after committee interviews will be added to the pool for disciplines interviewed and deemed qualified for (screening/interviewing committees will confirm disciplines that candidates are qualified for).
Applications are accepted for associate faculty pools on a continuous basis. If the department has an immediate need to add candidates to their pool, they will review applications. If the department does not have an immediate need to add candidates to their pool, applications remain in the queue for consideration until the need arises. If selected for interview, candidates will be invited to interview with a Screening and Interviewing Committee. The Committee may include representatives consisting of Faculty, Administrators, and Classified Professionals. Students may also participate in the committee selection process as determined by the Screening and Interviewing Committee. For candidates who are recommended for the pool, references will be checked at any point beyond the committee interview. If selected for the pool, candidates remain in the pool for four years.
Santa Rosa Junior College does not reimburse candidates for expenses related to associate faculty interviews. Requests for remote interviews or other accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
If you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability in order to apply or interview for this opening, please contact Human Resources.
The Business Department offers lower division transfer and occupational courses in the areas of Accounting, Business as a social and economic institution, International Business, Hospitality, Human Resources Management, Management, Marketing, Office Procedures, Paralegal Studies, Small Business Management, and Real Estate. The Department offers courses in several locations during the day, evenings, on weekends, and including online courses. Business Department website.
Bachelor's degree AND two years full-time (or part-time equivalent) of related experience; OR an Associate's degree AND six years full-time (or part-time equivalent) of related experience; OR the equivalent; OR a fully satisfied (Life) California Community College Instructor's Credential in Business and Industrial Management (Small Business Management and Human Resources), Hotel and Motel Services (Hospitality).
A sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications exactly as listed above for disciplines of interest, or they must file for equivalency (Download PDF reader) in order to be considered. Candidates who are requesting equivalency consideration are responsible for documenting all course work, degree programs and related professional experience at the time of application. For questions regarding the equivalency process, please contact Human Resources Jenne Arden at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please also see the Equivalency Guide for Faculty Applicants (Download PDF reader)and the Faculty Minimum Qualifications Self-Evaluation Checklist for more information.
Additional consideration will be given to those candidates who meet one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing and promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
- Creative and innovative approaches to teaching and student learning.
- Depth of post-secondary teaching experience, specifically with community college students.
- Experience in developing online courses with a focus on student learning.
- Integration of technology and soft skills in curriculum.
- Ability to teach a variety of business courses as demonstrated by professional experience in the field or prior teaching experience.
- Demonstrated recent employment in both business and education.
- Ability to or experience in coordinating educational programs such as Business Office Technology, Entrepreneurship, or Paralegal.
In order to be considered for this associate faculty pool, applicants must provide the following:
- A completed Santa Rosa Junior College/GovernmentJobs.com Employment Application and responses to Agency-wide Questions. Please note resumes are not a substitute for completing the "Work Experience" section of the employment application. Applications will be considered incomplete if no work experience is listed, or if other required application fields are missing or incomplete.
- Contact information (phone number and email address) for three professional references.
- A brief cover letter explaining your interest in the associate faculty pool, including how you meet the minimum and preferred requirements and are qualified to perform the essential functions as listed in this section of the job posting.
- Current Resume.
- A 500-word response to the diversity prompt below:
Please provide two or three examples of your ideas and/or experiences in creating, modifying, and/or performing one or more of the following to meet the needs of a diverse student population:
- Learning activities;
- Teaching/counseling practices;
- Educational Resources;
- Training, background, coursework and/or professional development;
- Program Development
6. Copies of transcripts of all college-level coursework, including confirmation of degrees. If selected for the position, official transcripts must be submitted prior to employment. Unofficial copies (both sides) will be accepted if the unofficial document includes a seal, watermark, or other proof that the document was provided by an educational institution.
- If transcripts are from an institution outside of the United States, applicant must provide a formal evaluation of their foreign degree(s) at the time of application.
- SRJC only accepts foreign transcripts that have been evaluated by a credential evaluation service accredited by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). For a full list of accepted evaluation services, please see NACES.
- For further details on SRJC requirements on Foreign Degrees, please see Foreign Degree Requirements.
7. If you do not possess minimum qualifications as noted under the Minimum Qualifications Section of the job posting, you must complete and attach the Faculty Equivalency Application (Download PDF reader) and supporting documents, including narrative synopsis, to your employment application in order to be considered. Please see the SRJC Faculty Equivalency Procedures, the Equivalency Guide for Faculty Applicants (Download PDF reader) and the Faculty Minimum Qualifications Self-Evaluation Checklist for more information.
8. If applicable, copy of California Community College Credential (both sides).
9. For accounting courses: If applicable, copy of Certified Public Accountant License.
PLEASE SUBMIT ONLY MATERIALS REQUESTED.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Starting Hourly Rate: Please see our hourly salary schedules or contact Human Resources for more information.
- For Unit A (AFA) Faculty, salary placement may be based on academic background, vocational experience, and teaching experience depending on discipline and as documented in application materials. Initial Step placement will be at Step 1 pending evaluation of experience as outlined in the AFA Contract Article 27. (Download PDF reader)
- Sick Leave Accrual: Associate faculty accrue sick leave on a pro-rated basis.
MORE ABOUT SRJC HUMAN RESOURCES
BUSSMAN HALL ANNEX
MAILING ADDRESS: 1501 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
PHONE: (707) 527-4954
EMAIL: Please contact Jenne Arden at email@example.com
The office is located in the Bussman Hall Annex on the Santa Rosa campus. All documents included in your online employment application become the property of the District. Your employment application for this opening will not automatically be considered for future openings. New employment application(s) must be submitted for each opening.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (Prior to beginning employment):
- In accordance with Federal Law all employees must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States;
- Must be fingerprinted in California and have background clearance (at applicant's expense); and
- Must take a TB test (once hired and every four years thereafter).
- Within 6 months of employment, must complete required District trainings such as Title IX, Mandated Reporter.
- Employees who work on-site or access District facilities: Through December 31, 2021: either provide proof of full vaccination or submit to weekly testing. Beginning January 1, 2022: provide proof of full vaccination. For more details, see vaccination mandate.
Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Jeanne Clery Disclosure)
Sonoma County Junior College District's annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Sonoma County Junior College District; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. Link to read or obtain a full copy of this report. Paper copies of the full report are available upon request by contacting Police Department Records at (707) 527-4963 or by visiting the Sonoma County Junior College District Police Department located at 2032 Armory Drive, Pedroncelli Center, Santa Rosa Campus.
The Sonoma County Junior College District does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnic group identification, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic condition, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its policies, procedures or practices; nor does the District discriminate against any employees or applicants for employment on the basis of their age. This non- discrimination policy covers admission, access and treatment in District programs and activities-- including but not limited to academic admissions, financial aid, educational services and athletics--and application for District employment.
SRJC Strategic Plan
VISION: Santa Rosa Junior College commits to setting the standard in cultivating an accessible, open, barrier-free, sustainable environment for students, employees, and the community. The college envisions equitable, impactful, transformative, enriching, and holistic learning opportunities that inspire our students to thrive.
MISSION: Santa Rosa Junior College transforms the lives of our culturally rich student body, employees, and community by cultivating a welcoming and antiracist environment, centered on social responsibility and cultural awareness. We offer exceptional teaching and learning in support of associate degree, certificate, transfer preparation, workforce preparation and community education programs, integrated with comprehensive student support services.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SRJC attracts and retains the most qualified faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. This is achieved through an inclusive recruitment strategy and a rigorous, thorough hiring process that begins with the fair and consistent evaluation of each application for minimum qualifications and demonstrated skills specific to each position/assignment. Because the ability to serve students from broad cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds and genders is a key commitment of the District mission, SRJC actively encourages applications from candidates who recognize the value that diversity brings to a professional educational community.
The Sonoma County Junior College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/santarosajc/jobs/3973732/2022-2023-faculty-associate-hotel-and-motel-services-hospitality
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency