This ad is expired.
Full Time Faculty - Associate Degree Nursing - OB/Neonate Specialist
Salary: $72,538.74 - $105,332.29 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: A22 - 23
Closing: 1/31/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Both Liberal Arts Campus & Pacific Coast Campus, CA
Department: Registered Nursing
LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE
Long Beach City College is committed to providing equitable student learning and achievement, by delivering high quality educational programs and support services to our diverse communities. Long Beach City College currently has the privilege of serving approximately 34,464 students, the majority of whom are students of color. Long Beach City College is a Hispanic serving institution, and of our student population 53% are Hispanic/Latinx, 18% are White, 14% are African American, 12% are Asian & Filipino. An ideal candidate will demonstrate cultural competency in serving the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual orientation, racial, and cultural backgrounds of community college student populations, including students with differing abilities. For more information on our College demographics please click here: https://www.lbcc.edu/pod/lbcc-college-facts.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Long Beach Community College District is currently seeking one full-time tenure Associate Nursing Degree - OB/Neonate Specialist commencing with the fall 2022 semester. Full-time faculty of the Associate Degree Nursing program at Long Beach City College are assigned to a teaching team overseeing up to 40 students in lecture and individually assigned to 6 to 10 students in clinical facilities and on-campus labs. Expectations include curriculum maintenance and development, program committee participation, and coordination with teaching teams to deliver excellent nursing education to support students in developing knowledge, skills, and attitudes for employment as a registered nurse. Support and coaching of a diverse student body is an important component of the teaching role. Assignment schedules depend on clinical facility availability and program needs and may be day, evening or weekend. Assignments are subject to change as needed. The teaching assignment may be at the Liberal Arts campus, the Pacific Coast campus or other college teaching locations. Faculty positions offer the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the most diverse community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs.
Long Beach City College is committed to providing equitable student learning and achievement, academic excellence, and workforce development by delivering high-quality educational programs and support services to our diverse communities. We are Purposeful, Focused, Nurturing, Connected and Respectful.
Equal Employment Opportunity Plan (Download PDF reader)
Strategic Plan (Download PDF reader)
Office of the Superintendent President
At Long Beach City College, we celebrate equity, diversity and ensure a positive and inclusive working environment for all college students, faculty, staff, and administrators. We believe diversity fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for our students. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to hiring qualified applicants who are dedicated to student learning and success.
The College seeks candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for commitment to student success. The position encompasses the following professional responsibilities and competencies:
- Commitment to serving the needs of the student, department, college, and community.
- Collaboration across disciplines and utilization of student support resources.
- Participation in department and college participatory governance activities.
- Participation in curriculum and program maintenance and development.
- Work collegially and collaboratively with the department and college community.
- Participation in department, nursing, and education professional development.
- Ability to create a dynamic learning environment that values instructor/student interaction.
- Ability to effectively engage with and facilitate authentic learning for students of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
- Ability to identify appropriate competencies, assess student achievement of outcomes, give supportive feedback and deliver accurate and supportive summative evaluations.
- Ability to self-reflect and make changes to teaching methods and approaches to student problems as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Master's in nursing
- Bachelor's in nursing
- Master's in health education or health science
- OR the equivalent
- OR the minimum qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing, whichever is higher
- Recent college teaching experience
- Recent direct patient care or clinical nursing education experience.
Long Beach City College only considers complete applications for employment. All application materials must be electronically submitted and uploaded by the applicant by the application deadline. Applications are initially screened for completeness and State Minimum Qualifications. Complete applications are forwarded to the Department hiring committee for further review.
A complete application includes:
- A Long Beach Community College District Online Application.
- A cover letter outlining your education and experience relevant to this position.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A list of three references, including current addresses and telephone numbers of both colleagues and supervisors.
- ALL graduate and undergraduate transcripts, showing school name, all college coursework, degree title and conferral date. This includes transcripts for any and all for the following degrees, BA/BS, MA/MS and above (Ed.D, Ph,D, etc.) and courses used for transfer credit. Transcripts can be official or unofficial and must be submitted as an attachment. The conferral date must be on or before the application deadline in order to meet Minimum Qualifications.
- Transcripts from countries other than the United States must be evaluated by an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service (NACES).
- Applicants who do not meet the Statewide Minimum Qualifications for this discipline verbatim are required to submit a Supplemental Equivalency Application (Download PDF reader).
SELECTION PROCESS AND TENATIVE SCHEDULE
Application deadline: 01/31/2022
Application screening: 04/11/2022 - 04/22/2022
Applications are initially screened for completeness and Minimum Qualifications.
Complete applications are forwarded to the Department hiring committee for further review.
First level interview: Week of 05/02/2022
Final interview: tentatively planned for: Week of 05/16/2022
All Long Beach Community College employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Jan 3, 2022 in compliance with District Policy. Please note that if selected for employment, you must provide proof of fully vaccinated status by date of hire. Documented proof of vaccination is required as part of the onboarding process. Individuals requesting accommodation must do so in a timely manner for consideration. For further information on LBCC District COVID-19 policy and guides, please view our Return to Campus page.
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources at least two days prior to the closing date, by calling (562) 938-4813.
THE LONG BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Long Beach Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and equity-minded hiring practices. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunities and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, language, accent, citizenship status, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lbcc/jobs/3343522/full-time-faculty-associate-degree-nursing-ob-neonate-specialist
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency