Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Student Health Services is seeking a Medical Assistant. Under the general direction of the nurse practitioner, the medical assistant will assist in an outpatient clinical setting providing initial patient triage and administrative services, assisting with direct patient care, and perform specialized medical procedures of a routine nature, as dictated by established clinical protocol. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation high school diploma or GED, plus a completion of Certification for Medical Assistant program and one year of experience that is directly related to the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of inventory management practices.
* Knowledge of outpatient clinical administrative procedures.
* Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories.
* Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
* Knowledge of OSHA, HIPAA and Title IX regulations.
* Skills in patient procedures and specialized tasks.
* Verbal and written communication skills.
* Personal and human relation skills.
* Ability to educate patients as to the nature of disease and to provide instruction on proper care and treatment.
* Ability to maintain confidential, quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
* Ability to perform standard clinical procedures according to established protocols.
* Familiarity and dedication to understanding diversity and identities as they apply to our student population.
Requires ability to see, hear, talk, fine hand manipulation, walking, standing, sitting, some bending and ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $27,952 -$34,940
Advertisement Number: STA126722
Open Date: 05/09/2022
Review Start Date: 05/15/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/28227
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency