This ad is expired.
- PT Faculty POOL - Allied Health- Diagnostic Medical
- Go to our website »
PT Faculty POOL - Allied Health- Diagnostic Medical
Salary: $59.61 - $86.62 Hourly
Job Type: Part Time
Job Number: 999-DMI
Closing: 6/30/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Both Liberal Arts Campus & Pacific Coast Campus, CA
Department: Allied Health
LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGELong Beach City College is committed to providing equitable student learning and achievement, academic excellence, and workforce development by delivering high quality educational programs and support services to our diverse communities. Long Beach City College currently has the privilege of serving approximately 36,000 students, the majority of whom are students of color. Long Beach City College is a Hispanic serving institution, and of our student population 53% are Hispanic/Latinx, 18% are White, 14% are African American, 12% are Asian & Filipino. An ideal candidate will demonstrate cultural competency in serving the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual orientation, racial, and cultural backgrounds of community college student populations, including students with differing abilities (physical and/or learning). For more information on our College demographics please click here: https://www.lbcc.edu/pod/lbcc-college-facts.
ABOUT THE POSITONThe teaching assignment may be at the Liberal Arts campus, the Pacific Coast campus or other college teaching locations. The assignment may be day, evening, weekend, online or off campus and is subject to change as needed. Part-time faculty positions are as needed positions and do not accrue rights to tenure. Part-time faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the most diverse community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs.
COLLEGE MISSIONLong Beach City College is committed to providing equitable student learning and achievement, academic excellence, and workforce development by delivering high quality educational programs and support services to our diverse communities. We are Purposeful, Focused, Nurturing, Connected and Respectful.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Plan (Download PDF reader)
- Strategic Plan (Download PDF reader)
- Office of the Superintendent President
The College seeks candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for commitment to student success. The position encompasses the following professional responsibilities and competencies: SERVICE
- Commitment to serving the needs of the students, department, college, and community.
- Collaboration across disciplines and utilization of student support resources.
- May participate in in department, division, college committees, and participatory governance activities.
- May participate in curriculum and program development.
- Work collegially and collaboratively within the college community.
- Participation in ongoing professional development.
- Ability to create a dynamic learning environment that values instructor/student interaction.
- Ability to effectively engage with and facilitate authentic learning for students of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
- Ability to adapt teaching pedagogy to the knowledge of each individual and class.
- Ability to self-reflect and respond to an evidence-based assessment of student learning.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to integrating new technologies into the learning process, including but not limited to interactive technologies for on campus and on-line courses.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:1. Any Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in the discipline; OR,2. Any Associate degree and six years of experience in the discipline; OR,3. Hold a valid credential to teach in the discipline; OR,4. Meet equivalent qualifications established by the district AND appropriate certificate to practice or licensure or its equivalent, if available; OR the equivalent.
- At least 2 years experience in MRI and posesses a valid ARRT/MRI Certificatiion.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- A Long Beach Community College District application.
- A current resume.
- ALL graduate and undergraduate transcripts, showing school name, all college coursework, degree title and conferral date. This includes transcripts for any and all for the following degrees, AA/AAs, BA/BS, MA/MS and above (Ed.D, Ph,D, etc.) and courses used for transfer credit. Transcripts can be official or unofficial and must be submitted as an attachment. The conferral date must be on or before the application deadline in order to meet Minimum Qualifications.
- Transcripts from countries other than the United States must be evaluated by an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service (NACES).
- Applicants who do not meet the Statewide Minimum Qualifications (Download PDF reader) for this discipline verbatim are required to submit a Supplemental Equivalency Application (Download PDF reader)
All Long Beach Community College employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Jan 3, 2022 in compliance with District Policy. Please note that if selected for employment, you must provide proof of fully vaccinated status by date of hire. Documented proof of vaccination is required as part of the onboarding process. Individuals requesting accommodation must do so in a timely manner for consideration. For further information on LBCC District COVID-19 policy and guides please view our Return to Campus page.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONSIndividuals who require reasonable accommodations in the Application or Examination Process in accordance with ADA should notify the Human Resources Office at least two days prior to the closing date, by calling (562) 938-4372.
THE LONG BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERThe Long Beach Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and equity-minded hiring practices. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunities and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, language, accent, citizenship status, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lbcc/jobs/3934406/pt-faculty-pool-allied-health-diagnostic-medical
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency