This ad is expired.
University of La Verne
Registered Nurse - Contact Tracer
To provide contact tracing, triage duties and other nursing duties as assigned.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement. If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
- Work closely with other RNs and designated staff on tracking, documenting, interviewing, following, educating, referring, and monitoring staff, faculty, and students in regard to coronavirus questions, concerns, exposures, and symptoms
- For confirmed or presumed COVID-19 cases, determine isolation needs and educate about isolation guidelines and perform contact tracing to determine close contacts; inform close contacts of exposure and determine quarantine needs; educate close contacts of need for and guidelines for quarantine
- Follow up on student quarantine and isolation cases and refer to medical care as needed on weekdays or weekends
- Liaison with other campus departments and with SHC medical director and clinic director to support exposed or symptomatic individuals
- Serve as a triage nurse seeking assistance from other staff when required; evaluate the needs of the students presenting as emergencies, walk-ins, or on the telephone and provide follow-up as needed
- Provide first aid and evaluate routine episodic problems not needing physician or physician assistant attention, seeking medical input as needed
- Perform nursing duties to include procedures such as phlebotomy, injections, ear lavage, bandaging, splinting, etc
- Assure reliance of in-house test procedures and adequate handling/processing of lab specimens to be sent to outside lab
- Delivers pre-packaged, labeled, and properly identified medications to patients on a patient-specific order and reviews dosage, side effects, etc.
- Tracks and advises patients of lab/study results after the appropriate medical practitioner approval and advice
- Supervises and works with other back office employees such as MAs a
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree of Science in Registered Nursing from an accredited institution: BSN
- Active licensure in accordance with the Calif. Board of Registered Nursing
- CPR and First Aid certification-current
- IV Certification and/or recent experience
- 3 years of Family Practice experience
- Nursing and case management theory and practice including nursing protocols, medical procedures, patient history, and charting procedures
- Initiate medical treatment under medical supervision and standing orders
- Exercise cultural competency and respectful consideration in a student population representing diverse cultures; Maintain professionalism, good judgment sense, and confidentiality; Ability to interact with a variety of people both in-person and on the telephone, especially in regard to ill or injured students, their parents, faculty, and staff; Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) certification
- Student Health Experience
- Emergency Room Experience
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency